Monday, April 7, 2014

Special Ingredient: Sweet Pea and Roasted Garlic Dip by Rachel

I'm so behind!

I've been doing a lot of cooking, but I've been bad about sharing them with you.  Sorry!

So I had some friends over for dinner this weekend and in thinking about what to make with the bag of peas that I had, I thought to make a dip.  It was a hit!


Ingredients:
10oz of good, frozen peas
5-6 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
salt, to taste



- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  Put 5-6 cloves or garlic on a baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes.

- Once the garlic cloves are cool to the touch.  Peel away their husks (is that what you call it?  I'm not sure, but you know what I mean, right?).

- Boil about 1.5 cups of water.  Once the water is boiling, add in the tsp of sugar and the peas.  Give the peas and sugar a quick stir and let them simmer for about 5 minutes.

- Drain the peas and run them under cold water to cool them down and stop the cooking process.  Once the peas are cool to the touch, taste one.  Is it still hot?  If it is, you'll have to wait before you can make your dip.  The peas should be cooled to room temperature before you move on.

These peas are too hot!
- Once the peas are cooled, dump them and the roasted garlic into a food processor and blend until smooth.  I added 2 full pinches of salt to mine and it was perfect, but do taste as you add the salt to make sure that you don't over salt.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment